Thursday, February 10, 2011

Research

My narrative is based on an experience I had when I was fifteen years old. I traveled to a Navajo reservation in Utah with my family in order to help a church with their vacation bible school. I remember the sizzling heat of the summer, the wonderful people, and the adventures I encountered. I was unsure at first of how to relate to the Navajo because it was a new culture and I did not know their ways. I wondered if they would even welcome my presence there. I soon became comfortable around the Navajo. Their customs were amazing and I looked forward to learning more. I realized that the Navajo people had taught me that it is alright for someone to live differently than another because we can all appreciate the beauty in culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment